I’m a big fan of Jane Atkinson and her book The Wealthy Speaker 2.0.
For those of us motivational speakers old enough to remember Dotty Walters’s, Speak and Grow Rich … I think Jane is the Dotty Walters of this age.
I get a lot of requests to help aspiring professional speakers get on their feet. So, when I quote my fee for coaching, I never hear from them again.
If you’re an aspiring speaker, here’s a inexpensive and totally invaluable resource (Ebook = $10): The Wealthy Speaker 2.0 is your first port-of-call.
It will give you a solid grounding on what it takes to make it in the professional speaking business.
If you then still need advice, call me.
Here’s copy directly from Jane’s website:
The Wealthy Speaker 2.0 is the ONE book (Ebook = $10) that every speaker looking to book more gigs and get paid higher fees MUST have!
It helps you navigate through the minefield of costly marketing mistakes made by many speakers trying to build a successful business. Designed for speakers of all experience, you’ll learn how to:
- Position yourself in the market as an expert
- Develop language that will get you noticed by decision makers
- Design a website that is heads above the others
- Put together an easy to follow social media strategy
- Move your fees up the ladder more quickly by doing the right things consistently
- Use The Wealthy Speaker 2.0 to find and train agents, assistants or marketing staff
With over 200 updates since it was first published, speakers will walk away with the tools to launch or relaunch, a successful speaking business.
I have other resources besides Jane’s book, here.
* Disclosure: I’m not affiliated to Jane Atkinson, nor do I make any affiliate commissions for referring her book.
Take my word for it, go to Jane Atkinson and get her resources. You won’t be sorry.
Jacques de Villiers